If you are a minor child already in Canada:
You do not need a Study Permit if you are a minor child already in Canada, and your parents are not “visitors” in Canada.

In Canada, each province and territory decides the age of majority. Anyone under the age of majority is considered to be a ‘minor child’.
Province: Toronto, Ontario   /   Age of Majority: 18

Parents (Guardian) /Custodian Permission:
If a minor child is coming to study in Canada, they will need a custodian in Canada. All minor applicants must supply a notarized declaration — one signed by the parents or legal guardians in the country of origin, as well as one signed by the custodian in Canada, stating that arrangements have been made for the custodian to act in place of a parent.

The Visa Officer must be satisfied that adequate arrangements are in place for the care and support of minor children who are unable to support themselves.

Minors Traveling Alone:
Minor children who are traveling alone must bring with them information (name, address, phone number) about the person or school that will be responsible for them. If the child is the subject of a custody order, proof of custody and the other parent’s consent must also be provided.

Minors traveling without their parents require a letter of permission from the non-accompanying parent(s) and a letter from their custodian in Canada.

Study Permit Duration for Minors:
The duration of a minor child’s Study Permit or visitor record is normally one year. If a minor child is accompanying their parents who are issued long-term Study or Work Permits, the duration should be the same as of the parents’.

Minor children from outside Canada must apply for a Study Permit if they are coming to Canada to study.